Here is the second recipe for Flax Seed Month – Blackberry Muffins.
I was pleasantly surprised with these muffins. I was originally going to make blueberry muffins but when I opened my freezer I realized I had bought a bag of blackberries instead. So I kept the muffin recipe, plopped a blackberry into each muffin, and it turned into a success!
These muffins are lightly sweet, soft, gooey, sort of elegant, healthy, and delicious.
Let’s get started!
Blackberry Flax Seed Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milled golden flaxseed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 36 blackberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar, egg, milk, and yogurt.
3. Add flour and baking soda to bowl and mix.
4. Add flax seed to bowl and mix.
5. Add oats to bowl and stir.
6. Spoon batter into muffin tin lined with muffin liners.
7. Place a blackberry in each muffin cup.
8. Place pan in oven and bake for 10-13 minutes, or until light golden brown on top.
9. Remove from oven, cool, eat, enjoy, and store in airtight container for later.
Makes 36 mini-muffins.