Riding home today I had a hankering for avocados and chicken. And what better recipe to make than Chicken Fajitas topped with decadent avocado.
It is really easy, just a few ingredients that include flour tortillas, chicken, green bell pepper, white onion, fajita seasoning, and olive oil.
Here are some enticing photos and some steps for mashing the avocado.
Chicken Fajita with Fresh Avocado
- 1 small white onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast or tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet of Fajita seasoning (or homemade)
- 1 avocado
1. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch strips. Combine chicken, olive oil, water, and fajita seasoning into a large bowl and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut green pepper and onion into strips.
3. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and place marinated chicken and vegetables into the hot skillet. Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until meat is tender and cooked throughly.
4. Place chicken and vegetables over a flour tortilla and top with mashed avocado.